UK applies to join Global Cross Border Privacy Rules Forum
The UK has applied to join the Global Cross Border Privacy Rules Forum (CBPRF). The CBPRF was set up in 2022 by the members of the pre-existing Asia Pacific Economic Co-operation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules (CBPR) system.
The objectives of the forum are to:
- “establish an international certification system based on the APEC CBPR and Privacy Recognition for Processors (PRP) Systems;
- support the free flow of data and effective data protection and privacy through promotion of the Global CBPR and PRP Systems;
- provide a forum for information exchange and cooperation on matters related to the Global CBPR and PRP Systems;
- periodically review data protection and privacy standards of members to ensure Global CBPR and PRP program requirements align with best practices; and
- promote interoperability with other data protection and privacy frameworks.”
Another attempt to forge alliances in a post Brexit world.